Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Visit to High Risk OB

Bright and early this morning I headed over to the hospital for my fetal non stress test. I got to lay down for approx. 20 minutes and take a little nap while they monitored the baby. They are checking for fetal movements/sleep patterns. The baby's heart rate should increase when he moves around and a monitor keeps track of this, along with any contractions and general movements. Thankfully, all is well.

I hiked across the street to the High Risk OB's office for my first visit with the OB. I met with the OB Fellow and the OB, Dr. Cheuh who asked me basic questions regarding my past deliveries. They figured that they would schedule an induction either Monday or Tuesday of next week. That is just a few days before my actual due date. This allows them to have the perinatal, cardiology and ob teams ready for when the baby arrives. I have to believe that I couldn't be in a better place. Almost everyone I have encountered has been really supportive and offer their best wishes.

I went downtown and had lunch out at the Cheesecake Factory. It is really a beautiful building inside-I can't wait until we have one of these somewhere near home. I ordered a piece of carrot cake cheesecake to go and it awaits me in our mini fridge. Ernie has changed plans and will be flying in Saturday morning. One final Sunday at church praying for all the best before the baby arrives-please keep all those wonderful thoughts and prayers going for us-we need them all.

1 comment:

the favorite aunt said...

good morning! sorry i haven't called sooner but thought you wouln't be in san francisco until this week. hope you're doing ok. i will call you this afternoon at lunch. :) love you, the gorgeous one