Friday, September 5, 2008

Wet Eyes


Today was mostly a good day for little Mason but a little teary eyed for Mommy. During his scheduled 4:00 pm feed Mason just didn't feel like waking up. We had to wait until his 7:00 feed to try his bottle again. Once again his feeding schedule has changed from 2 hr feeds and continuous feeds through the night to 3 hour feeds. This was done to hopefully settle his tummy and make him hungry enough to try bottle feeding. He took in about 10 ML from his bottle but started to gag a little so we stopped. He was then fed through the NG tube. I know it's not our fault but it is disheartening that I can't feed this baby either by breast or bottle. There is such emphasis on having him gain weight, I'm afraid since we are having such a hard time. If only he didn't have to get off the breast milk, we would probably be fine.

No big tests today, just a blood draw and everything looked well. The team is discussing our possible transfer to UNM for next week. That is if we do not get the G-tube surgery done. One of the surgery fellows came in today and asked for me to sign the consent form for surgery. I told him I wouldn't be able to until next week. Hopefully, the PH test he will have done Monday will give me some insight on what we should do. He will also be having another test on Tuesday to see how he will handle the plane ride to Albuquerque. They place some sort of tent over him while he is in bed. I will find out more over the weekend.

Did I mention yesterday he had his final chest tube removed? Also, he had his final stitches removed from his open heart surgery, a echocardiogram and his newborn hearing test, which he passed. Thank God for little things.

2 comments:

Angi said...

Wow Rosie, all I say is continue to doing what you are and God will stick by your side. He has blessed you with Mason and his progress thusfar, so I have complete faith He has many more blessings in store for Mason and the whole family. I also truly believe there will be a day where Mason will be so active and eat so much you will have to limit his food intake! So keep up the great work momma and you are in my heart and prayers day and night! cant wait to see you and Mason because I know you will be getting out of there before you know it! Love - Angi

Julie said...

Rosie, Let Mason know that he has Aunties out here that cannot wait to hold him and kiss him. Mason is truly blessed and an awesome fighter. We love you and miss you both and cant wait to see you. You are all in our prayers each and every day.